Greetings from Somerset House & Photo London! What has become the biggest photography event ever staged in London is back, with work from all genres and eras from 80 of the world’s leading galleries. Whether it’s to see or to buy, here are some of the things you should definitely feast your eyes on. Image: Courtesy of Martin Parr / Magnum Photos
1. Martin Parr’s food truck. Inspired in Martin Parr’s Real Food book, cooked by his chef daughter, along comes the Magnum photographer’s Real Food van. The kitsch caravan will be stationed on the River Terrace of Somerset House and will be offering all of Martin’s Phaidon books, as well as dishes inspired in them.
2. Striking images of Kate Moss. David Bowie and Kate Moss, 2005. Ellen von Unwerth courtesy Camera Work / Kate Moss and Carla Bruni, 1994. Patrick Demarchelier courtesy Camera Work
3. Photo London Talks Programme. The fair’s auditorium will host a talk with Martin Parr and curator of the Photo London Talks Programme, William A. Ewing (Friday 20 May). Other key talks and speakers include Erik Kessels, who will be talking about creative mistakes with fine-art photographers Joachim Schmidt and Lucas Blalock (Thursday 19 May) or photographic artist Garry Fabian Miller, who will be discussing ‘meaning and place’ with ceramicist Edmund de Waal. Click here to see all of the talks. Image: Photo from Joachim Schmid’s exhibition Les adoptés
4. Magnum photos classics. The organisation will be showcasing work from key icons such as René Burri, Robert Capa or Sergio Larrain. Photo: Sergio Larrain / Magnum Photos
5. Special screenings of films made about and by photographers. An exclusive screening of Mapplethorpe: Look at the Pictures will take place, alongside other acclaimed photography films like Bill Cunningham New York and Finding Vivian Maier. They will all be shown in Somerset House’s intimate Screening Room.
Photo London runs from the 18th to the 22th of May, 2016, at Somerset House.